I'd like to hear from you on what issues you care about. Please share your thoughts in our survey!
The Indiana Attorney General represents and protects the legal interests of the people who live in Indiana.
- If someone sues the State of Indiana, the Attorney General defends our interests.
- If the State of Indiana has a contract, the Attorney General approves the contract to be sure that it complies with the law.
- The Attorney General is the legal adviser to all agencies when they make rules.
- The Attorney General can fight the overreach of government for the people of Indiana.
- The Attorney General protects your safety by handling the appeals of criminal cases successfully.
- If your identity is stolen, the Indiana Attorney General will help you and the prosecutor.
- If you are in danger from a violent person, the Attorney General will give a confidential address to you.
- If someone owes the state of Indiana money, the Attorney General will collect it for the taxpayers.
- The Attorney General fights fraud and deception with special units.